Very short-lived, this one. I took everything apart and adjusted up the screen so it was central.
Set it on the side to do a bit of a burn-in test, and the decoupling capacitor for the horizontal yoke let out all its magic smoke, the screen went a bit funny and I switched it all off quickly.
Decided to build the little capacitor network suggested in the manual, of several ceramic capacitors in parallel to build up the capacitance but reduce the ESR.
Put it back together and again we have screen but.. the horizontal isn’t aligned any more. The two interlaced pieces of the screen, all stretched out – do not line up.
I’m going through the schematic, I’ll check all values and make sure that the capacitor failing did not draw too much current through the flyback and fry one of the windings.